Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Surgery is no fun

Last Friday morning, I spent quality time with two of Paris's finest doctors. I don't remember a second of it. That's the good news. The bad news is that I know that they were doing their jobs, and I can still feel it.

I went into this thinking...no big deal. Get some things fixed, spend a couple of days in the hospital and a couple of weeks recovering. It has been 14 years since my last surgery, so I must have suppressed all the pain and yuck involved with surgery. I know that I'll feel better once I recover completely, but I'm not there yet.

My friends have been amazing. I have three beautiful floral arrangements and plenty of really good food. I've had cards and emails and phone calls and visits from many friends as well. My mom was quite impressed with the love that has been shown. I'm not surprised because the people I work with and attend church with are the best people in town. There's no contest.

We're looking forward to a quiet Thanksgiving here. Natalie and Brandon came in tonight, although Brandon will leave for Plano tomorrow. Nick, Angela, and Ethan will be here after midnight, and they'll go back Thursday evening. Nick has to work at 5 AM Friday morning. Nat will be here until Sunday. My brother-in-law is making dressing with chicken and gravy, so Chris will meet him in De Kalb tomorrow to pick it up. Natalie and Angela get to make all of the side dishes, and I get to play with Ethan on the couch. Sounds great, doesn't it?

I'll be a new woman once I recover from surgery in a few weeks, and I'll have the pleasure of watching my daughter and daughter-in-law take care of Thanksgiving dinner. Life is good.

1 comment:

Dee Martin said...

I have been remiss! You have been commenting like crazy and I have not even read your blog. I'm so glad you did well and I am assuming you are back at work?

Isn't it wonderful when plumbing works?
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.