Tuesday, June 3, 2008

30 Years?!?


Yep, that's right. Chris and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary today. My, where has the time gone? When we talked about it this morning, we couldn't quite wrap our minds around the concept of 30 years. It seems like we've always been together, but just the thought of 30 years is mind-blowing.

One word I'd use to describe our relationship is commitment. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, we're committed to each other. He's my best friend...the person I want to wake up with every day of my life...the person who truly accepts me as I am. I'm a much better person because of Chris, and I honestly can't imagine a day without him.

I saw "Sex and the City" last night, and I discovered what a romantic Ludwig von Beethoven was. One night, Carrie read love letters to Big, and she read an excerpt from "Immortal Beloved," letters Beethoven wrote to his love. The third letter was quoted most in the movie. Of course I looked up the letters as soon as I got home. I guess the romantic way the lines were used and thinking about our anniversary today really made them stick with me. Here are some quotes that made me think of Chris and our marriage:

Can our love endure except through sacrifices, through not demanding everything from one another

Remain my true, my only treasure, my all as I am yours

Is not our love truly a heavenly structure, and also as firm as the vault of heaven?

Oh, continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved... ever thine, ever mine, ever ours

Enjoy these pictures of our wonderful day 30 short years ago. I hope the next 30 are as great as the first 30.

3 comments:

cruisermom said...

Good heavens! You haven't aged a bit.

Congratulations on 30 years - Chris knows better than to let a great thing get away!!

Denise said...

I happy to see that I've updated the glasses!!

Dee Martin said...

I agree about the glasses LOL - Congratulations to both of you - Dale and I are right behind you!